Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 10:38:09 +0000
From:      Nick Jones <nick@tachief.com>
To:        ro0t <root@unixhideout.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Loader causing reset on 4.6-STABLE

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 at 05:06:57 -0400, ro0t wrote:
> I could be wrong, but i dont see how updating your sources could have done
> that. It seems like maybe something wrote somewhere it shouldnt have. try
> reinstalling the boot loader. I have never had to do this before, so i cant
> help ya but i bet theres a way. try the handbook.

It seems that loader is causing the difficulty, and this would have been
rebuilt as part of the upgrade process.

I've temporarily solved the problem by copying across /boot/loader built on a
4.5-STABLE machine to this box, but I really need a more permanent solution :)

--

- Nick Jones | nick@tachief.com