Date:      Sat, 22 Nov 1997 15:02:44 -0500
From:      Ken Key <key@cs.utk.edu>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        key@cs.utk.edu
Subject:   Sony PRD650-WM and 2.2.5-STABLE?

Hi Folks,

I compiled/installed 2.2.5-STABLE as of 11/20/97 on my TP 560 in hopes of
mounting the CD in the Sony PRD650-WM (w/ Adaptec 1460), but no joy.
Tweaking the ed0 kernel config and adding an entry for my LinkSys to
pccard.conf got the ether back on the air and the ThinkPad sees the
aic0 being inserted just like it did under PAO but I still can not access
/dev/cd0c, winning a "Device not configured" (and cd0 is in my kernel config).

A question for those of you who have this working - When the aic device
is loaded on the insert, do you get any notifications about the CD-ROM
device on the SCSI bus as well?

I'm about ready to wipe and load Win95 (but it won't stay long! :-)
just so I can test the darn player to make sure the drive isn't toast.
I would have sworn that just after I had PAO installed I had used the CD-ROM
successfully about a month ago, so it's entirely possible the drive's dead.

Thanks for any info,
K^2
BTW, the PCCARD kernrel config file had the aic0 nailed at irq 11 while
the pccard.conf had it at irq 10 (or was it vise versa - this is off
the top of my head).  I tried rendevouzing on 11 as well as trying it as
written without success.