Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 15:24:35 +0100
From:      "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
To:        "Barry Byrne" <barry.byrne@wbtsystems.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Getting Perl scripts to work as mail filters

'Are you sure there is no error - did you check the sendmail log?'

Yup.  maillog mentions the message being sent, but indicates no error.

'You will need to ensure the script is listed in your sm.bin directory (man
smrsh).'

I thought smrsh was not enabled by default (?).  Also, if it couldn't find
it at all, wouldn't I get an error or something?

I even tried changing the script to write directly to /var/mail/mymail to
append the message to the actual mailbox, but that does nothing--no effect.
Works fine from the command line, though.