Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 2016 15:58:37 +1100
From:      Ruben Schade <newsgroups@rubenschade.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Migrating ZFS on Linux pools to FreeBSD

Matthew, Brandon, Krad and Anders,

Thanks for all your tips, really appreciated.

Fortunately, I had the luck without hindsight to set flags for my ZFS
pools that were compatible with FreeBSD, confirmed by using the FreeBSD
boot media and attaching from a shell. I'm running 10.2-RELEASE now, and
my pools work great.

On 5/02/2016 2:21 am, krad wrote:
> to add a bit more, both kernels use the same zfs core code, as do most
> illumos based OS's. So there shouldn't be compatibility issues as others
> have said as long as the feature flags supported by the kernel are = or >
> the pool versions.

Today I learned, thanks :)

A real bummer Solaris is in the hands of Oracle now (well, pre-fork).
GELI works fine, but native ZFS encryption and the other features since
Solaris 11 on *BSD and illumos would be great.

--
Cheers,
Ruben Schade in s/Singapore/Sydney/