Date:      Sun, 12 Apr 2020 01:32:09 -0500
From:      Clay Daniels <clay.daniels.jr@gmail.com>
To:        Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd@daemonic.se>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-13.0-CURRENT-amd64-20200409-r359731: drm-kmod failure?

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 2:06 AM Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd@daemonic.se>
wrote:

> How did you install the driver?
> When using the drm drivers on current, you usually have to build them
> from ports rather than use the packages, this way the driver matches the
> kernel you are using.
> Regards
> --
> Niclas

Thanks, Niclas. I guess I'm mostly too lazy and  drm-kmod has been working
well just using pkg install drm-kmod to bother with making the ports. But I
reloaded r359731 and went to /usr/ports/graphics and installed
drm-current-kmod which brought in gpu-firmware-kmod  and everything worked
fine. I then installed xorg (via pkg), rebooted, ran startx, and used the
xterm window in twm to install firefox, and write this reply.

Clay