Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 13:23:12 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@mobil.cz>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling PHP4 with GD2 support

> From: Kjell <kmidtset@c2i.net>
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: Compiling PHP4 with GD2 support
> Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:44:35 +0100
> Cc: neuhauser@mobil.cz
>
> On Wednesday 19 December 2001 11:15 am, you wrote:
> > > When I recompile mod_PHP4 with GD support the gd-1.8.4_3 routine is used.
> > > But in order to use certain graphics functions I need the gd-2.0.1
> > > routine.
> > >
> > > Is there a way to change the Makefiles for mod_PHP4 so PHP4 will be using
> > > gd-2.0.1 ?
> >
> >     Are you trying to build the port, or the source directly? If the
> >     former, you will have to edit the port makefile
> >     (/usr/ports/www/mod_php4/Makefile) - it tells PHP to build without
> >     GD.
>
> Right, but when I look in the new generated Makefile.inc I find that gd-1.8.4
> is specified as the 'dependency' to be pulled in. How can I change this so
> that gd-2.0.1 is used?

    Well, my /usr/ports/www/mod_php4/Makefile contains

    CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--enable-versioning \
                    --with-system-regex \
                    --disable-debug \
                    --enable-track-vars \
                    --without-gd \
                    --without-mysql

    so all I can do is guess... If your revision of the Makefile lists
    GD among the dependencies, you should modify it to depend on GD2,
    uninstall GD, and install PHP, which will install GD2 as well.

> >     If it's the latter, then I can assure you that PHP will happily use
> >     GD2 _if_ it's told to use it. ./configure --help|less will tell you
> >     more.
>
> I have tried to compile from source, but still getting error messages...
> Tnx from Kjell

    Not enough details.

--
FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE
1:17PM up 2 days, 12 mins, 8 users, load averages: 0.04, 0.04, 0.00