Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 22:45:51 +0000
From:      Simon Siemonsma <s.siemonsma@hccnet.nl>
To:        "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IRQ conflicts with Nic & Modem

PnP support consists of two parts:
	Solving hardware conflicts
	Recognising the hardware

FreeBSD can do the latter, but as you found out can't do the first.
The solution is to tell the BIOS to do the first by setting PnP OS to no, or
whatever your BIOS calls it. In case you also use Windows on your machine,
this is no problem.
I think this should be at a very prominent position for newbies, as more
people run into this problem.

Good luck

Simon Siemonsma