Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:41:53 -0400
From:      m <kamidesu@hotpop.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Read timeout: DMA limited to UDMA33

Hi. Hope the subject is ok.

 I was installing 4.1.1 Release in my p233-mmx in a samsung 2.Gb and got
this message in the emergency shell after trying to set my timezone:

-----
AD1: READ command timeout resetting

ATA0: Resetting devices .. ata0-master: DMA limited to UDMA33, non-ata66
compliant cable.

done.
-----

The old samsung 2GB was slave to a new Western Digital 30GB with win98,
in an old pcchips motherboard with amibios. The cables came with the MB.

Soo .... what's going on? This happened to me twice.