Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2008 20:09:54 +0100
From:      Peter Boosten <peter@boosten.org>
To:        Mark Ovens <parish@magichamster.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X.org 7.3 sure is a mess...

Mark Ovens wrote:

> The other thing I've noticed is, on my box at least, that the problem
> always starts when I move the mouse (not every time of course) so could
> it be Xorg 7.3 not playing nicely with the mouse driver - or the USB
> driver since my mouse is a USB one? Which may explain why some people
> see the problem and others don't?

My mouse is on USB, still no problems.

> This is really becoming a big PITA.

So I wonder how we can help the port maintainer to fix the issue. Maybe
it's an idea to collect some data on installed ports (including
versions), used hardware and whether or not one has problems?

The only problem I'm having since 7.3 btw (I forgot about that, but just
remembered) is everytime I start nethack-qt (either local or remote) X
restarts, kicking me out of my session.

Peter

--
http://www.boosten.org