Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 1995 08:00:08 -240
From:      "Pavlov's Cat" <SimsS@Infi.Net>
To:        freebsd-chat@freefall.freebsd.org, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on laptop

Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com> pens:
:
: Absolutely.  This is a different chipset than the 755/760/701 and 350/360
: series.  It's a  chips & techologies video set.  I don't know about the
: keyboard controller.  Seems pretty standard.  Uses a Phoenix 1.03 bios rev
: with a Cyrix (according to FreeBSD's probe) 486DLC (I think it was a DLC).
:
: Consider the 365 a FreeBSD success story -- Linux can't seem to handle it.

Nor can Win'95 every time/every config.  IBM seems to throw Stinkpads
together with whatever happens to be lying around on the warehouse floor.
The 75x's have been a royal bone here for six months.  Curse big blue.

(I feel better having got THAT off my chest.)

Another Big Win(tm) for FreeBSD!

--
...sjs...

Steve Sims  (SJS7)                                    SimsS@Infi.Net
Systems Engineer, IPC Technologies, Inc.          Virginia Beach, VA
"Everyone wants to save the Earth;
   Nobody wants to help Mom do the dishes."         ...P.J. O'Roarke