Date:      Tue, 02 Nov 1999 09:46:00 -0500
From:      Niels Provos <provos@citi.umich.edu>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>, security@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, markus@openbsd.org, dugsong@openbsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenSSH patches

In message <23974.941523196@critter.freebsd.dk>, Poul-Henning Kamp writes:
>But if we cannot put it on the CD anyway, what is the point of using
>the weaker OpenSSH rather than "the real thing" ?
Why is it weaker?  And what are the differences?  OpenSSH talks
protocol 1.5 including X11 + agent forwarding.  If you had tracked
bugtraq recently, you would have noticed that there was an attack that
applied to normal ssh but not to OpenSSH. Actually, OpenSSH has many
benefits over normal ssh.  One of them, already convincing enough by
itself, is the free commercial use.

Greetings,
 Niels.