Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2008 15:25:13 +0900 (JST)
From:      Yoshiaki Kasahara <kasahara@nc.kyushu-u.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   lost scroll wheel of Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 on 7.0-STABLE

Hello,

Today I updated my desktop PC from FreeBSD 7.0R to 7-STABLE.  After
that, the scroll wheel of my Intellimouse Explorer 4.0 (USB wired)
stopped working.

I searched relevant information and found kern/123224 "[ums] Scroll
wheel breakage w/ USB MS Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0".  The
symptom is quite similar.

ums0: <Microsoft Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer, class 0/0, rev 2.00/4.24, addr 2> on uhub0
ums0: 5 buttons and a TILT dir.

Note that there is no "Z dir" detected.

No one care about that?  It is hard for me to live without the mouse
wheel nowadays....

I tried another mouse and Z dir was detected properly, so it might be
specific to Microsoft products.

ums0: <Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse, class 0/0, rev 2.00/11.00, addr 2> on uhub0
ums0: 3 buttons and Z dir.

Environment:

FreeBSD elvenbow.cc.kyushu-u.ac.jp 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #0: Mon Aug 11 14:04:03 JST 2008     root@elvenbow.cc.kyushu-u.ac.jp:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ELVENBOW  amd64

Regards,
--
Yoshiaki Kasahara
Research Institute for Information Technology, Kyushu University