Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:55:46 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.net>
To:        Boris <borisbsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bridge interface IP connectivity issue when using oce interface

On 22.08.2017 15:48, Boris wrote:
> I own the upstream network and have full access to it.
> It is configured as a simple router interface (Cisco device).
> Before looking at that element (which I am not minimizing in the overall issue), shouldn't the VM be able to reach the IP setup on the bridge? At the moment, that does not work and it is very much local to the host.
> Any thoughts?

I've no experience with bhyve and its networking.
And yes, you should be able to run ping between VM and host without problems.

You should make sure tcpdump shows you ARP traffic on BOTH sides of the interface
between host and VM. If not, you should first disconnect it from the bridge and repeat the test.
If that does not help, stay away from bridge(4) for a while until you fix that.
You may need to contact bhyve developers in that case.