Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 13:07:14 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best IDE for slow system?

| > | In my current project we have a mix
| > | of FreeBSD, Linux, cygwin on Windows and Windows on the
| > | developer's desktops
| > | and roll-out is on a Solaris box. How's that for
| > | heterogenous environments?
| >
| > What kind of applications are you working on?
| >
| It's not the application that makes the environment heterogenous, it is the
| problem that we're a little short on developers at this time and we need to
| be friends. No dictating development environments. :)

Kees Jan,

what kind of applications are you working on, anyway?  Also, how are big
Java projects deployed?  I'm only familiar with the Win32/Installshield
process.  I'm assuming you are talking about Java development.

|  You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?
|                                      [Steven Wright]

I'm going to see a Steven Wright show next weekend.  ;-)

jm
--
There are only 10 types of people in this world: