Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:54:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   the Intel 815 AGPset...

   My new computer mainboard comes with sound and video builtin.
   According to the man who sold me the system, the onboard AGP
   chipset uses the system RAM.  I assumed there was firmware onboard
   to get this to work.  Nope.  --Last night, I spent over an hour
   trying to bring up X.  No joy;  the best I got was a super low-res
   screen that asked if I wanted to use xvidtune.  The font was huge
   and I couldn't reach any button to press.

   Am I totally out of luck, do I need to get a separate video card?
   Does the newest (4.0.X) release of X have a driver for this Intel
   setup?

   thanks, people,

   gary

--