Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:24:28 +0000
From:      Brandon Stewart <rostewa2@vt.edu>
Cc:        Freebsd-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Classic Gravis Sound Card

When I updated the kernel sources to 3.2, I suddenly found a problem
with my soundcard, configured in the kernel by

controller      snd0
device gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x3

The problem is that when I boot the computer, it hangs on the soundcard,
with something to the effect of

"Seeing whether GUS is PnP"

The lock is a hard lock. I have to reboot my computer, not even keyboard
input is recognized.

My sound card is not PnP, its classic. The problem occurs whether or not
the pnp0 controller is included in the configuration file.

Any help would be appreciated.