Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 1996 09:13:21 -0500
From:      samurai@iosys.net (Rich Bornhofer)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Recover from FTP install Crash?

Hello,

  I have a question. Is there _any_ way that i can salvage the 3 1/2
hours that has already gone into the ftp install before i lost my
connection? I had most of what i needed (wanted) of the 2.1.5R on disk,
but while loading the XFree86 100dpi fonts, i lost my link. I am not
sure what order the files are installed in, but I believe that the
XFree86 distribution was the last set to be requested. I am unable to
boot the FreeBSD system that is already placed, as i never got to finish
the install. I hate to think of all that time wasted, and i will be
waiting to see if anyone has any ideas of how to recover and finish the
install. I tried to immediately re-connect, but the install program just
seemed to spin it's wheels, not realinzing that the connection dropped
and no more data was transfered (i didn't think any more would be). Any
insights would be much appriciated.

  Thank you for your time,

   Ray, the ever having difficulties with getting FreeBSD to install ;)