Date:      Wed, 15 Jul 2015 07:33:00 -0700 (MST)
From:      timp <timp87@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/squid's cache dir

> > Ok, so you don't see the difference too, do you?
>
> Actually I do see the difference - I think the current layout is
> better. My point was that "I can't see any difference" isn't a good
> argument for making disruptive change.
>

> I think it's obvious that putting multiple caches under one squid
> directory is better than having multiple squid directories.

Well, yes, in most cases.

> > The point is get rid of dirs which we don't really need for this port,
> > and place cache to suitable dir which is made in base system for such
> > purposes.
> > Just for order. You think it's bad idea?
>

> I think it's cleaner to have a default location for squid caches,
> rather than just a default cache location.   There's an unnecessary
> directory to the same extent as there is with a single home directory
> under /home.
>
> Whether squid goes under /var or /var/cache is a completely different
> issue. In the second case you would need /var/cache/squid/cache.

I like the /var/cache/squid/cache variant =) It looks too long though.

About a half of a year cache dir was hided a bit deeper.
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=373442
Is it your commit? Sorry, I can't see your name, just a name of mail list.

Do you think logs should be under /var/squid too (now empty /var/squid/logs
dir)?

> Please don't top-post.

I'm sorry! I'll do my best.

Does anyone have any other opinion?