Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2013 15:55:00 -0400
From:      Ryan McIntosh <rmcintosh@nitemare.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   QLE3142-CU-CK driver?

NetXen Part #: NX3-20GCU

pciconf -lv shows:
none2@pci0:1:0:0:       class=0x020000 card=0x01264040 chip=0x01004040
rev=0x42 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'NetXen Incorporated'
    device     = 'NX3031 Multifunction 1/10-Gigabit Server Adapter'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet
none3@pci0:1:0:1:       class=0x020000 card=0x01264040 chip=0x01004040
rev=0x42 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'NetXen Incorporated'
    device     = 'NX3031 Multifunction 1/10-Gigabit Server Adapter'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

I found opensolaris has a CDDL driver; however I have no idea how involved
that would be to convert without looking indepth or if its even legally
possible.

http://fxr.watson.org/fxr/source/common/io/ntxn/?v=OPENSOLARIS

I've done considerable amount of searching to this particular card and
turned up that there's no driver/associations for it yet for FreeBSD. Is
there anyway I can assist in getting this built? I reached out to Qlogic
with the response of "FreeBSD is an unsupported Operating System" (sounds
like a generic response as, from what it looks, like _they_ built the qlxgb
driver). Let me know anything I can do to help or if this is a lost cause
for any particular reason.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan