Date:      Thu, 6 Sep 2007 12:33:42 +0100
From:      Gabriel Dragffy <gabe@dragffy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Hello

Dear list members.

I just wanted to say hi to all of you. My name is Gabriel, and I have
just been setting up a FreeBSD server at work, having moved from Linux.

There are just a couple of things that aren't working quite as I
would like, and I was hoping someone might be kind enough to help me
out. I've been using the FreeBSD handbook, and I must say it is quite
superb, and makes starting with FreeBSD much easier.

Using sysinstall I enabled anonymous FTP, with uploads allowed in the
folder /incoming. Uploading works a treat, however the files don't
have permissions to be downloaded again (by anon user). I know I
could change this by executing a cron job every two minutes that
would chmod the files in /incoming. But surely there must be a far
better way...? The FreeBSD handbook says it doesn't recommend
allowing anon users to d/load files uploaded anonymously, however I
would still like to implement this.

I'd be very appreciative for any help.

Best regards

Gabriel Dragffy