Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2000 14:32:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jim Pazarena <paz@ccstores.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ELF binary type not known

I loaded 3.4 on a new machine, went to re-compile my exim source
and I get
"ELF binary type not known. Use "brandelf" to brand it".
after entering a simple "make".

Then I tried to compile tcp-wrappers and got the same complaint.
This just after entering "make freebsd"

It is my understanding that brandelf is utilized for some kind of
Linux support of which I do not need nor desire.

What could be causing this error message during a simple compile
of a distribution?   ps. my *own* apps compile as expected.

--
Jim Pazarena     mailto:paz@ccstores.com
                 http://www.qcislands.net/paz