Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 00:44:23 +0900
From:      Mitsuru IWASAKI <iwasaki@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        amarkelov@futures.msk.ru
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAO or CURRENT/STABLE/RELEASE

>   is there any great differences between PAO3 and
>   3-STABLE/CURRENT/RELEASE ? I want to install FreeBSD on my ThinkPad
>   760ED and want to choose one. As I saw at PAO home, they want to add
>   all APM changes in CURRENT cvs tree. Is it already there?
>
>   Please help what version is better for notebook.

As far as I can tell, most of APM code were merged from PAO3 into
CURRENT, RELENG_4 and RELENG_3 already.  Also most of PAO active
developers became committer and PAO3 development is going to end.
So I'd recommend you to choose RELENG_4 or CURRENT, not PAO3, and
report any problems to improve plain FreeBSD.

Thanks