Date:      Fri, 8 May 2009 07:38:51 +0200
From:      Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@mailing.thruhere.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        APseudoUtopia <apseudoutopia@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Frozen on Boot - Kernel Hanging?

On Thursday 07 May 2009 23:46:54 APseudoUtopia wrote:
> Hey,
>
> My server was fine when I went to work. When I got back, it was dead.
> I had the datacenter reboot it, and it refused to boot. It just hangs
> with no error message when booting. After the "Welcome to FreeBSD"
> menu, it just freezes up.
>
> I have no idea where to start to fix this. Any ideas?

Like Wojchiech said, most likely hardware. Try to boot a livecd and if that
won't work either, it's time to yank out hardware. If you have a replacement
or test machine, put the HDD in there and if the HDD isn't the problem you
might be able to read it's log files to get hints about what hardware part is
the problem.
--
Mel