Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:34:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dorin H <bj93542@yahoo.com>
To:        Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /dev/mixer missing on 5.2-CURRENT?

Just to say "me too".  When I put pcm in kernel,
everything seems fine:

%cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1370> at io 0x1800 irq 11 (1p/1r/0v
channels duplex default)

%mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer synth    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line     is currently set to  75:75
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to  75:75
Mixer ogain    is currently set to  50:50
Mixer line1    is currently set to  75:75
Mixer line2    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line3    is currently set to   0:0
Recording source: mic

When I load the snd_pcm.ko as module, either in
rc.conf or manually, the stuff doesn't work anymore:

%cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:

And /dev/mixer is not created...

%uname -a
FreeBSD host.mynet.edu 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT
#1: Tue Dec 16 23:32:29 EST 2003
myuser@host.mynet.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CCRT52_20031215_debugacpi
 i386

/Dorin.