Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:49:30 -0500
From:      "Thompson, Jimi" <JimiT@mail.cox.smu.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Award BIOS Upgrade Fees - Slightly Offtopic

I just encountered what I consider to be a totally outrageous problem.
I've got a system with a BIOS issue.  The motherboard maker has decided
to use Award's BIOS and they want a minimum of $39.95 to email me the
BIOS update that I need to fix the system. =20

=20

I thought I post here, even though it's a bit off topic to see if any of
you have encountered anything similar and to see what you've done to
resolve the issue.

=20

The system in question is loaded with FreeBSD. =20

=20

TIA,

=20

Jimi Thompson, CISSP