Date:      Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:08:59 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        David J Brooks <daeg@houston.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printing from FreeBSD to a WinXP print server

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, David J Brooks wrote:

> I can find lots of helpful information about setting up FreeBSD as a print
> server for Windows clients, but I'm not finding anything helpful about
> setting things up the other way. Does anyone have any experience doing this?

Samba's smbclient can send print jobs to Windows print servers.  You may
have to set up a plain text "printer" on the Windows system to keep it
from reinterpreting the data.

If the Windows print server (three words that *really* don't go
together) supports lpd, just use lpr.  A quick search found this, which
might be helpful to you:

http://iharder.sourceforge.net/macosx/winmacprinter/#step4