Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:50:00 -0500
From:      "dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   portsdb index generation

Hello,
    I just cvsupped my ports tree and tried to remake the index. I am
getting an index generation error. I then tried make fetchindex which worked
and again tried to regenerate the binary index with again this error. Any
help appreciated. I didn't get any errors during cvsup and i don't use a
refuse file. Also, this did work as of yesterday.
Thanks.
Dave.

cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/ports-supfile && portsdb -uU
Parsing supfile "/etc/ports-supfile"
Connecting to cvsup9.FreeBSD.org
Connected to cvsup9.FreeBSD.org
Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running
Updating collection ports-all/cvs
Shutting down connection to server
Finished successfully
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please
wait..p5-Data-Page-2.00: "/usr/ports/devel/p5-Class-Accessor/Chained"
non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
===> databases/p5-Data-Page failed
*** Error code 1
1 error

Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,
your architecture, your environment, and your /etc/make.conf
settings, especially compiler flags and WITH/WITHOUT settings).

Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched
automatically with "make fetchindex".

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports.
*** Error code 1