Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:27:25 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@slb.to>
To:        Michael Shockency <mshock12@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bootup

> Hello, I am trying to find a bootukp disk or something to download
> to a floopy disk for school.  A group of us have to install freebsd
> on a computer for our Operating Systems class.  I have found a place
> to download freebsd, but no bootup disk.  I was hoping you would be
> able to help me.

If you burn the ISO image onto a CD-R, you should be able to boot off
that if you're computer's new enough.  If you want boot floppies,
point an FTP client at ftp.freebsd.org, and get

  /pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.2-RELEASE/floppies/{kern,mfsroot}.flp

You can download and use

  ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/rawrite.exe

to write the images to floppies on DOS, or use dd(1) on Unix.

> My email address is mshock12@yahoo.com.

Then please put that in the 'From' field of your mail so replying
works, as a courtesy to those of us who answer questions in our free
time.

Good luck,
Lucas