Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:48:55 -0500
From:      Mike Lambert <lambert@jeol.com>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: KDE2.1 + Pthread errors

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Colin Legendre wrote:

> I am getting errors with pthread while doing a make install for kde2.1....

There are a number of posts to "freebsd-ports" regarding this issue,
particularly when attempting to build KDE 2.1 against XFree86 4.0.2. The
package maintainer is well aware of the problem and is working on a
solution. The current solution is to install XFree86 4.0.1 first, then
build Qt 2.2.4, and finally KDE 2.1.  I recommend following
"freebsd-ports" for up to date information.

Regards,
Mike Lambert