Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 19:23:24 -0000
From:      paul@originative.co.uk
To:        axl@iafrica.com, sobomax@altavista.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: WARNING: Today's current breaks passwords

It happened to me too. Did a cvsupdate after the tag and Matt's code was
commited, did a make world, built a new kernel, rebooted and couldn't
log in!

After changing root's password it went from being DES to SHA1 so I
suspect it's failing to honour the existing hash algorithm and trying to
use SHA1 regardless. Brandon looks like he's been around here recently,
like yesterday when it happened :-).

Paul.