Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 12:49:51 +0100 (CET)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: console MP3 palyer....

On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Danny wrote:

> Have you done a search in the ports section of the Freebsd web site?

> >mpg123 is VERY nice

No, I tried different things from the packages collection and I hate
everything with "amp" in its name. But I havent yet fiddled it into
netscape. Lynx was rather easy. Any suggestions, also how to hide the
"label" ("mpg123 is loading" or what it says, the text output) ?

Heiko

Btw, l3enc for Linux works nicenst, do a altavista search and get those
magic numbers, the 261 version, somewhere in indonesia... 5 minutes, its
worth it, if you want to encode files. (THIS was one of the first things I
did with FBSD.) I wish I had rosengarden working and knew some way to
record audio, console or not.....