Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 00:28:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        chrisa@commercial-letter.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998 chrisa@commercial-letter.com wrote:

>   I'm having a problem with an HP6020 worm drive: I'm trying to burn a
> cd and am getting:
>
> Place CD in the worm drive now and press return:
> wormcontrol: ioctl(WORMIOCPREPDISK): Device not configured
> wormcontrol: ioctl(WORMIOCPREPTRACK): Device not configured
> dd: /dev/rworm0: Device not configured
> team: stop remaining 4 guys
> wormcontrol: ioctl(WORMIOFIXATION): Device not configured
> team: guy pid 16343: error on upstream receive
> team: guy pid 16344: guy was aborted
> team: guy pid 16345: guy was aborted
>
>   I read the FAQ for `Device not Configured` and SCSI_DELAY=15 is
> configured in the kernel and there is a CD in the drive.
>
>   If it means anything, I can mount a CD from /dev/worm0 just fine,
> but I can't write anything. I am on 2.2.6-RELEASE.

Looks like you're using the burnch.sh script in /usr/share/examples/worm.
Add 'wormcontrol select HP 4020i' just above the 'wormcontrol prepdisk
double' line in the script.  The worm driver actually sees it for what it
is as a 6020, not a 4020, and doesn't realize they are compatible.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
/* FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and compatibles (SPARC and Alpha under development)
   (http://www.freebsd.org)                                         */