Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 21:22:06 +0930
From:      "Marc Dodsworth" <marcd@tpg.com.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Two Questions (SCSI & Sendmail.

Hi

A few weeks back I got some help with a sendmail masquerade problem thanks
to Sheldon.

Anyway before I got the help, I made tried playing around with the existing
virtual usertable. however I made a mistake with one of the users entry.
However when I try and change the file now using the makemap command

"makemap dbm /etc/virtusertable < vtable"

I get the message

" file changed after change after open"

and basically the virtusertable isn't updated.

Secondly how to do I change the number of SCSI drives that get regonised?

I''m running 3.2 Release on a system that has 8 SCSI drives 1 x 9.1GB U/W, 1
x 4.3GB Ultra on one controller, 4 x 300Mb and 1 x 500Mb on the second).  I
want to play around with RAID (Vinum etc) which is why I all the drives).
When teh bootloader is going, all drives are recognised but when FreeBSD
actually boots, I can't see all the drives.

Sorry for the length and thanks for the help.

Marc
 off two controllers