Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:16:31 +0800
From:      lawrence.hy.cheung@philips.com
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Do I need rebuild system with -lxpg4 library ?

Dear folks,

I am a user in Hong Kong. I want to set my system environment to use=20
multi-byte chinese locate. After changing LC_MESSAGE, LANG,.....,
Any base ulitites do not accept the new LOCATE. For example, type
perl -v display a warning about locate setting and then throw back to
C  LOCATE.

I want to have a FreeBSD native support chinese locate like some
chinese linux distribution does.

Do I need 'make world' with -lxpg4 to solve this problem?

Is it possible to 'make world' with -lxpg4?

Do the base distribution ulitities conflict with -lxpg4 ?

Which file I need to make change for adding '-lxpg4' before make world?=

Regards,
Hon-Yu Lawrence Cheung

=