Date:      Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:41:34 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        "Kevin Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Low impact, high value training?  (wish me luck!!)

My personal opinion on this is that experience is worth just as much as a
degree, sometimes moreso in this field. As far as training goes, there are very
few courses which actually teach you something worthwhile - most just want to
you write the check and hand you the certificate so you can slap it on your
resume.  Personally, I am self taught for nearly everything I do.  You will most
likely learn the most from the things you enjoy doing, and most likely it will
be easy to learn the things you are interested in.  Pick a topic you want to
learn about, get some books, find some people who are in to that, and start
reading and asking questions.

Just my $.02

Eric