Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 07:00:10 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        csubl@csv.warwick.ac.uk (Mr M P Searle)
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svgalib in Linux emulator?

Please direct emulation-related questions to the emulation list.

Mr M P Searle stands accused of saying:
> Has anyone got anything to work in the Linux emulator that uses svgalib?
> That would be a Very Good Thing, I'm sure there's as much svgalib stuff
> for Linux as there is X.

When you're ready, please submit your patches to one or more of the
console drivers to allow the complete recovery of an unrecordable,
unpredictable stae machine (the VGA chipset).

Translation : VGALIB sucks.  It is a festering abomination, and
supporting it is more headache than Soren (our console hero) or anyone
else is particularly keen on right now.