Date:      Fri, 01 Oct 1999 18:26:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Matthias Schuendehuette <root@mscu.snafu.de>
To:        R.Inder@ed.ac.uk
Cc:        richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Upgraded to oblivion

Hello,

On 01-Oct-99 R.Inder@ed.ac.uk wrote:

> [...]
> Trying to track down the problem, I stepped through the script I used
> in setting up the original version --- essentially, the one in section
> 9.2 of "care and feeding...".  The ifconfig down was fine, but
>
>     spppcontrol isp0 myauthproto=pap
>
> failed with an error message about a bad parameter: something like
> SIOCGIFGENERIC(SPPPIOGDEFS).
>
> If the details of any particular error message would help, I could get
> them.

I added the "options SPPP_VJ" to my kernel configfile (additionaly to
"options IPR_VJ"). I got a warning during configuration but that's it.

After all, spppcontrol is working now (with this kernel).

Ciao/BSD - Matthias
---
Matthias Schündehütte
E-Mail:   Matthias Schuendehuette <root@mscu.snafu.de>
Solmsstrasse 44         Phone:    +49-30-69409824
D-10961 Berlin          Data/Fax: +49-30-69409825
GERMANY                 Handy:    +49-172-3270397
This message was sent by XF-Mail on FreeBSD 3.3-RC