Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:37:32 +0800 (PHT)
From:      Francis Vidal <francis@cody.usls.edu>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <jmcla@ocala.cs.miami.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: URGENT: login failed

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Joe "Marcus" Clarke wrote:

> Start the computer up in single user mode (at the boot: prompt, type
> -s).  Then, mount /usr, and change the ownership of /usr/bin/login.
> Then reboot.

thanks! i can now logon to my machine! :) great! moral lesson: never
change the ownership of programs unless you know what you're doing. heh.

> > i accidentally changed the ownership of the program `login' from root.bin
> > to bin.bin :I how do i fix this problem since i could not login to the
> > machine?

---
francis vidal | usls.NET | university of st. la salle, bacolod city, PH
PGP key available at ftp://ftp.usls.edu/pub/pgpkeys/francis.pgp
"birds of the same feathers are birds!" - rhoderick samonte's class