Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:07:27 +0800
From:      gwzhao@multiwave.com.sg (Gorton Zhao Guo Wei)
To:        <support@cdrom.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Problems on installing Free BSD 2.2.6

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01BD9ABA.0AE8B7A0

Hello,

I just bought a Free BSD CDs (4 pieces of CD-ROM). The title of those =
CDs is
"Free BSD 2.2.6, A full 4.4 BSD Lite Based 32 bit Operating system' from
Walnut Greek CDROM.

My system is Pentium PC with 32MB ram + a PCI network card + PCI VGA =
card.
In the same system, I have tried to install Linux, QNX, and Windows =
NT/98/95
as well successfully, but I could not install Free BSD successfully on =
that
PC. I tried to install Free BSD on a new harddisk without having any
operating system on it, and with a dos partition on the harddisk. The
problem appears at the same.

I followed the installation instructions to install Free BSD from a IDE
CD-ROM drive. Everything seemed to be okay during installation, but =
after
re-boot the machine, the error message 'panic: cannot mount root' came =
out
and the system kept rebooting every 15 seconds. I would appreciate any =
help
on this.

I also found that there were no source codes at /usr/src/sys directory =
under
disc #2. I think that it should be there because this disc is included =
all
uncompressed files. Not sure if there are anything wrong with the CDs.
Thanks.

Regards,
Gorton Zhao
Multiwave Innovation Pte Ltd

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01BD9ABA.0AE8B7A0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Hello,<BR><BR>I just bought a Free BSD CDs (4 pieces of CD-ROM). =
The title=20
of those CDs is<BR>&quot;Free BSD 2.2.6, A full 4.4 BSD Lite Based 32 =
bit=20
Operating system' from<BR>Walnut Greek CDROM.<BR><BR>My system is =
Pentium PC=20
with 32MB ram + a PCI network card + PCI VGA card.<BR>In the same =
system, I have=20
tried to install Linux, QNX, and Windows NT/98/95<BR>as well =
successfully, but I=20
could not install Free BSD successfully on that<BR>PC. I tried to =
install Free=20
BSD on a new harddisk without having any<BR>operating system on it, and =
with a=20
dos partition on the harddisk. The<BR>problem appears at the =
same.<BR><BR>I=20
followed the installation instructions to install Free BSD from a =
IDE<BR>CD-ROM=20
drive. Everything seemed to be okay during installation, but =
after<BR>re-boot=20
the machine, the error message 'panic: cannot mount root' came =
out<BR>and the=20
system kept rebooting every 15 seconds. I would appreciate any =
help<BR>on=20
this.<BR><BR>I also found that there were no source codes at =
/usr/src/sys=20
directory under<BR>disc #2. I think that it should be there because this =
disc is=20
included all<BR>uncompressed files. Not sure if there are anything wrong =
with=20
the CDs.<BR>Thanks.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Gorton Zhao<BR>Multiwave =
Innovation Pte=20
Ltd<BR><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0010_01BD9ABA.0AE8B7A0--