Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 17:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/22328: new port -- print/ttf2pt1

The following reply was made to PR ports/22328; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To: Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
Cc: mi@aldan.algebra.com, OKAZAKI Tetsurou <okazaki@be.to>,
	FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org,
	Mikhail Teterin <mi@privatelabs.com>, eddietwo@lcs.mit.edu
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 19:10:26 -0500 (CDT)

 Eddie,

 The context has dissappeared, but what's happened is that someone
 creating a porting of ttf2pt1 for FreeBSD found it overwriting t1asm
 from the t1utils port I created for FreeBSD. Both do the same job, and
 are derived from the same source, with a fork circa 1992. I figured
 you would be interested in the fixes that have been added to the other
 fork, and merging them would help the FreeBSD porters as well.

 Everyone else,

 Eddie Kohler is the current maintainer of t1utils. I just maintain the
 FreeBSD port. A merged version seems like it would be in everyones
 best interest - assuming the fixes are relevant to the current version
 of t1asm in t1utils.

 	<mike