Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 15:25:14 -0700
From:      eddiev@andromeda.rutgers.edu
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   dns

hello, I have freebsd stable setup on a pentium pc and I have
a windows-95 pc connected to it through a thin ethernet connection.

I have stup apche's http server on it and can telnet and get to my web
pages on the server but only if i set my browser to go to the servers'
ip address. it fails when i point it to it's name "mydomain.com", and
returns the error message "the system does not have a dns entry".

how do i setup my server as a dns server a "fake dns server of course"
... although i only have the 2-machines running and connected together,
so that my win95 pc's web browser finds my http server when i point it to
it's name?

thank you for your help ...

-eddiev