Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 1999 21:03:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Could somebody please test this patch?

> Thanks for trying it.  If you see any anomalies, please let me know.  But I'd
> be very surprised if it caused any problems.

I would be more concerned about binary compatability with OSF
(or "DEC UNIX") software binary compatability breaking as a result
of this change.  That assumes that you brought it in from NetBSD
in the first place, of course.

The assumption in the EABI that specifies ELF and specifies the
offset at which the binary is linked is pretty ingrained in the
binaries.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---