Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:59:59 +0530 (IST)
From:      Saifi Khan <saifi.khan@datasynergy.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: EuroBSDCon 2009 pictures

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Saifi Khan wrote:
>
> > Thanks, the pictures are awesome.
> >
> > Did you write any blog/tweet about your experiences ?
> >
> > How was the interaction and enthusiasm level at the conference ?
>
> Probably in appropriate to generalize, but this was the largest ever FreeBSD
> developer summit in .EU (70 or so attendees), and EuroBSDCon came in around
> 180 attendees, which is up from last year (don't have precise numbers).  Our
> conference dinner, sponsored by iXsystems, (photos of Clare college in the
> various collections) was sold out at 150 with a waiting list.
>
> We did have some trouble fund-raising for the conference, as a number of
> companies we approached reported that they currently had travel/conference
> freezes due to the economy.  However, it being a poor economic year that
> didn't seem to prevent people from having a good time (although it likely did
> limit attendees from further way).
>
> Fairly soon, we should have slides, papers, and audio recordings of many of
> the sessions on the UKUUG web site, and it looks like the Karlsruhe folk are
> already warming up for EuroBSDCon 2010 :-).
>
> For those of us in the UK, I think this is a good moment to remind ourselves
> that there is a lot of BSD-related work, BSD-based companies, and BSD
> development in the UK (especially FreeBSD).  I know I chatted with many other
> folk from the UK who all basically said "you know, we should do this more
> often", so perhaps this will trigger more regular UK-based BSD events!

Thanks Robert for the informative mail.

Wondering if there is any group photo of FreeBSD dev, something
along the lines of
http://www.postgresql.org/files/community/conference06/conference_group.jpg
Would you know ?

Is the BSD-related work in UK, about new product development on
BSD platform or a enterprise systems maintenance stuff ?

Certainly more events will help promote *BSD, which is a good
thing.

thanks
Saifi.