Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:54:32 +0100 (BST)
From:      Graham Seaman <graham@codix.net>
To:        Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: openssl upgrade problems - newbie stuck

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Roman Neuhauser wrote:

>     # cd /usr/ports/security/openssl
>     # make clean build

>> Patch patch-ac failed to apply cleanly.
Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssl.
*** Error code 1

(as before)

>     if that fails, cvsup your ports *), and try again.
>
>     *) if the system is configured well, this will suffice:
>
>     # cd /usr/ports
>     # make update index

/usr/ports# make update index
Error: Please define either SUP_UPDATE or CVS_UPDATE first.

So I tried
export SUP_UPDATE=yes

Now:
/usr/ports# make update index
Error: Please define PORTSSUPFILE before doing make update.

I found an example port-supfile, edited it just to get ports-all
and ports-security, and ran again. Now I get:
/usr/ports# make update index
>>> Running
*default: not found
*default: not found
*default: not found
*default: not found
*default: not found
*default: not found
ports-base: not found
ports-security: not found
*** Error code 127

and thought I'd better stop before doing any more damage failing around
like this...

Thanks for the help
Graham