Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 1995 20:16:00 -0500
From:      mario.dabelic@canrem.com (Mario Dabelic)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Creation of cpio.flp

Hello,
I purchased a CD with FreeBSD 2.0 (4.4 BSD Lite) from Walnut Creek, and
I experienced following problem during the installation.
According to the instructions, the first thing that should be done is to
create two floppies: boot and cpio. I created both, then I created all
partitions on my HD, and prepared system for dual boot. So far
everything was going very smooth.
When I (P)roceed from the FDISK program, to load files from CD to HD, I
was asked to insert BOOT Diskette, what I did, and later I was asked to
insert CPIO diskette and here to story breaks.
After the initial diskette read, at the point when the screen message
shows:
        cd/stand ; gunzip </dev/fd0 |cpio -idum
the program tells that the floppy disk is bad and to check the media of
this diskette.
I did it several times on the brand new floppies with same problem.
Norton Disk Doctor reports two bad sectors on the same place of each
floppy, that could be a problem of the image file (cpio.flp) that
includes this information.
I would like to explore this software, but I don't know what to do,
please advise what can I do, or if it is possible to download this
cpio.flp file from your machine or something else.
So far I can boot my PC and decide to start DOS or BSD, but when booting
sequence for BSD is over the system is asking for cpio disk, which is
somehow wrong.
I'll appreciate if you could tell me how can I resolve this problem

Mario Dabelic
5754 Yonge Street, Apt. 1210
North York, Toronto, Ontario
M2M 3T6