Date:      Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:42:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Joe Sotham" <joe@dubium.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.1-P10 and cdparanoia

I've just upped from P2 to P10 and rebuilt kernel and cdparanoia.

cdparanoia is not recognizing any audio cd I place in the drive which is
recognized by the system (cdrecord --scanbus checks out fine, even
writing to the drive  is ok)

Here's the error message.  Is this broken for a bit?  I noticed some
discussion in the list afew weeks ago and a patch which seems to be
incorporated into the latst cdparanoia port.  Nothing to suggest it's
broken though.

Thanks in advance.

This error is obtained specifying both /dev/cd0  && /dev/acd0

<snip>

CDROM model sensed: PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-W1210A 1.10

Checking for ATAPICAM...
        Drive is ATAPI (using ATAPICAM)

Checking for MMC style command set...
        Drive is MMC style
        Setting default read size to 26 sectors (61152 bytes).

Verifying CDDA command set...
        Could not find any audio tracks on this disk.

Unable to open disc.

--
Joe Sotham