Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2000 01:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        pine@freebsd.ady.ro
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   pine.conf

Hi,

mail/pine4/pkg/PLIST is creating pine.conf using the following two lines:

  @exec %D/bin/pine -P %D/etc/pine.conf -conf >%D/etc/pine.conf.tmp
  @exec /bin/mv %D/etc/pine.conf.tmp %D/etc/pine.conf

I'm not sure what the -P option of pine does but this raises the
following questions:

(1) Does it preserve the user's existing pine.conf?  (I assume it
    does, but just checking.)

(2) What would be an acceptable way of removing it on deinstallation?
    Is there a way to determine whether the user modified it to be
    something other than the "default" pine.conf?  (If it is modified,
    it shouldn't be removed -- if it is not, then it can safely be
    removed, since a new installation will regenerate it properly.)

Thanks,
Satoshi