Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:11:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Burks <dbx@atmos.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        Doug Burks <dbx@atmos.washington.edu>
Subject:   Versa LX and ATI Rage Pro LT

Greetings,

I am trying to coerce XFreee86 v3.3.3.1 to handle an ATI Rage Pro LT
with a 14in screen on a Versa LX laptop.  I've tried a number of
different configuration files which I have found on the web, but the
results are the same for all.  Under 1024x768x8, it looks like something
spilled light on one corner of the screen and it flows across the full
screen.  (Quite a striking effect, but not the XDM login screen I am
used to.  :) )  Under 800x600x8 and 640x480x8, strips of the screen are
mixed up.  Has anyone solved similar problems or even have a working
XF86Config file for this configuration?

I believe that this was discussed quite recently on this list, so
apologize for bringing it up again, but the previous discussion
apparently is not yet archived.  If so, feel free to simply e-mail me
directly, rather than cluttering this list with duplicated replies.

Thanks!

Doug Burks
dbx@atmos.washington.edu