Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 1996 08:16:33 -0500
From:      exidor@superior.net (Christopher Masto)
To:        jack@diamond.xtalwind.net (jack)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exabyte eagle TR-3 tape drive

jack writes:
> Anyone had any experience, good, bad, or otherwise, with this drive and
> FreeBSD.  (I know, I know it's floppy based but for ~$150 for a home
> system.)

I happen to have this drive, which is very well-built and quiet (compared
to the other TR-3 drive I looked at (Iomega)).  It works nicely under
Windows with the included accelerator card, and I've been meaning to ask
this same question.  If nobody is already doing it, I might take a crack
at getting the information from Exabyte to work on a driver.
--
Christopher Masto  .   .   .   .   Superior Net Support: support@superior.net
chris@masto.com  .   .   .   .   . Masto Consulting:           info@masto.com

On Nature, Improving:
  It's unfair that it remain empty and unspoiled.
 - Hugh Stone, developer of a proposed subdivision, on delays in permits to
 - begin construction.