Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 13:24:39 +0100
From:      "Wood, Richard" <rich@ruh-bath.swest.nhs.uk>
To:        'Christoph Splittgerber' <chris@sdata.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: overuninstall.sh and i4b_rbch_ioctl.h

In which case overinstall.sh will backup and replace the file anyway with
one that links correctly and is the correct version.

As far as I can tell, the fact that the file won't be removed with
overuninstall.sh should only mean that the file will get left behind if you
drop back to an earlier version of i4b which doesn't use it, and if this is
the case, it shouldn't be referenced anywhere in the sources.

Andrej's problem was that the versions of i4b_rbch_ioctl.h in
/usr/src/sys/i386/include and /usr/include/machine/ were linked to the wrong
(earlier) directory. The only explanation I can come up with for this is
that the final overinstall.sh did not complete correctly, and therefore
failed to rename the two files in question and replace them with ones linked
to the correct place.

Rich
--
Rich Wood